Had flu like symptoms, developed into bronchitis, middle lobe pneumonia. Why do I have severe cough, back pain?

I have been ill for nearly 8 weeks. It started out with flulike symptoms, developed into bronchitis in which I was treated with 10 days of levaquin and prednisone , turned into right middle lobe pneumonia which I was treated with zithromycin, tessalon pearles due to severe cough with pink sputum, and atrovent inhaler due to SOB. After I finished the zithromax my right middle lobe pneumonia resolved, my WBC s went back up to 14,000, Lymphocytes were 9 and sed rate was 63. My chest x-ray now shows that I have left side pneumonia. My physician ordered aCT scan of my chest today which shows I have a pericardial effusion. He wants me to go to the hospital tomorrow to have an echocardiogram. I currently am SOB, especially when I lay down at night, have had severe left sided pain under my breastbone radiating to my back, severe coughing episodes, and when I cough it tastes like amonia. The last Metabolic profile that I had done 2 days ago showed no abnormalities. Should I go to the ER or will I be OK to wait until tomorrow to have the echo. My symptoms seem to be getting progressively worse?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013