Had flu. Having cough. No help from antibiotics, steroids. Feeling like phlegnm in throat. Suggestions?

7 weeks ago I had the flu and ever since then I have had a cough. I went back to the doctor 2 weeks ago & he said I had moisture on my lungs & gave me antibiotics ( amoxicillin ). A week later i was still coughing so I went back & he gave me different antibiotics ( erythromycin ) and steroids & ordered chest xray. Chest xray was clear but I m still coughing and my chest is tight from coughing so much. I dont have asthma but Ive just tried my sons ventolin inhaler & that doesnt seem to do anything. Ive been producing phlegm over the weeks but that seems to have eased off in last 2 weeks but I feel like I have phlegm still in my throat.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013