Had fell and landed on outer side of knee. Have pain all the time. Reason?

Hello. I fell backwards and landed on the right outterside of my knee . At first I could hardly walk on it the ortho doctor told me to do excerises I did that now I can walk on it but its been two months now and it hurts really bad when I sit or lay down awhile and try to stand and walk on it but once I walk 10 or 15 steps the pain leave. I still can not put pressure on that area when laying down I have to sleep with a pillow between my legs at night if I don t I will wake up in so much pain and then force to take pain meds. Can you shine some light on what can be wrong with my knee. The doctor still have not done an MRI .
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013