Had episodes of irregular and pounding heart. Have problem in the sinus of heart. Chances of getting hear attack?

I ve had episodes of irregular & pounding heart for a few years. It used to happen a few times a year... gradually got worse to now occuring several times a day while I m at rest in bed, or sitting watching TV or sitting at my desk working. A couple of weeks ago I was shoe shopping, in the shoe isles bending over taking my shoes off - putting new ones on, then taking new ones off, replacing my shoes for a couple of hours. I had just finished that when suddenly I began to have a ball of pain between my shoulder blades... mild at first and gradually got pretty painful. Then the pain moved into my chest . My entire chest was very painful. I couldn t believe it.. but wondered if I was having a gall bladder attack or a heart attack . I couldn t check out... or leave. I had to sit down & in a few mintues the pain dimished & went away. The next day I went to a doctor and while waiting - I suddenly had one of the episodes of pounding, flip flopping heart beats. I asked the nurse to pleae check it. She said I had a very irregular heart beat. I was later hooked up to a monitor for 24 hrs and am waiting for results. I ve also monitored my BP/ heart rate for a few days and am finding at rest that my B/P is low at times... 91/60 - and hte hearat rate is as low as 50 beats. I ve had a stress test and doc said after the test was over there was a problem in the sinus of the heart. I told him about my irregular heart beat that happens just occasionally at that time - but has gotten to be a daily thing... even in bed will resting? What are your thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013