What could be the cause of intermittent sharp pain in palm?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having a sharp pain in bottom of left palm. It is intermittent like comes with heart beat.i have arrythmia ,history of Tia and several years ago a stent placed in heart arteries. I noticed palm pain last night for first experiencing now.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: There is possibility of carpal tunnel syndrome Detailed Answer: Hello, As per your description, there is possibility of carpal tunnel syndrome leading to pain in your hand. You may need clinical examination from orthopaedic surgeon to rule out syndrome. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Wrist splint may help to reduce pain. Till time, avoid lifting weights. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.