Had discomfort in clitoris after sex, swelling and red spot. What is wrong?

I am 20 years old and have been sexually active for 3 years and only had 4 partners. My boyfriend and I had sex the other night and lasted longer than normal. Towards then end of our session i had discomfort around my clitoris. The next morning I realized my clitoris had swollen up pretty bad and was red. After cleaning and putting a cold towel on it, I noticed after the swelling had mostly gone down that on my clitoris there was a red spot. It seems to look like the skin had rubbed off or something. It is painful to touch and I have been cleaning it with a cotton swap but after 3 days the red spot is still there. I m not sure if it was because my boyfriend and I had it rough that night or if it is something more I should be concerned about. Is there medicine that I could put on it to heal it and not burn te skin exposed?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013