Had cesarean. Noticed redness and pus oozing out of stitch. Safe to apply antibiotic cream?

Hi I gave birth to my second child on 2 nov 2012. I got stiches at same location as previous baby. After 2.5 months a little pus is coming and stiches are still red. Is this normal ? No pain was there for last 2 months but now when pus is coming little pain is there. Should I buy and apply antibiotic cream ? My address : YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
hi mam ,
thanks to your query

this is normal pus discharging from stitch-line after 2.5 month .there is some infection foci underline stitchline
you have to take care of it by consulting your doctor for prescribing antibiotics orally as well as local may also require some anti -inflamatory medications for pain and pus supression