Had car accident. Lump on thigh. X-ray shows fatty lump. No pain. How to remove it?

I was involved in a car accident 3 month ago, my right leg was bruised and swollen. after about 6 to 8 weeks my leg was getting better the swelling on my lower leg and the bruise were healing , but on my thigh ive got a large lump that hasn t gone down. i got it checked trough an x ray and my gp said its just a fatty lump. he said nothing can be done to remove it and it might be permanent. its sticking out all the time underneath my clothes. it does not hurt but when you press it hard i can feel a little pain. i need to know if there is anything i can do to remove the lump. i try to massage it now and then but its still not helping. please help. Surgery would be the last option i want to consider
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012