Had bleeding during urination and had to abort baby. Reason and advice for future pregnancy?

My wife was 12 weeks 4 days pregnant, suddenly yesterday morning during urination she saw a drop of bleeding we consulted our doctor and he told to do a sonography . In sonography the doctor saw that baby s heart beats was stopped and we had to abort our baby. Before that my wife was feeling normal and there was not any kind of problem or pain. I want to know what will be the reason of the same and steps to be taken for future pregnancy. Plz reply.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013