Had bladder sling/cystocele/rectocele surgery. Having bladder issues back pain and splinting to move my bowels. Is it common to have these types of surgery and do they fail?

I am 6 years out from a bladder sling/cystocele/rectocele surgery and I am having symptoms like I had prior to the surgery. Having bladder issues and back pain and "splinting" to move my bowels. I have made an appt with the urologist who did the surgery but I want to really be clear to tell him all my symptoms. Is it common to have these types of surgery "fail" after so many years?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013