Had birth control pills for 3 years and stopped. Periods regular. Undergone pap smear. Please suggest.

Hi, I am a 21 year old female, married, and officially trying to conceive.
I was on birth control pills about 3 years and I quit about 6 months later. Since I quit I had very irregular periods until April of last year. Since last April, my periods have been back to normal and last 5-7 days (like it always has).
However in those 2 years of irregular periods we had unprotected sex all the time and I'm still not pregnant.
Now that I'm officially trying to get pregnant and my periods are back to normal, I'm trying an ovulation calender but its been 2 years and nothing. Should I be worried? Should we go get checked?
P.S I mentioned it to my doctor when I got a pap smear (in February) and she said "You're young, keep trying"
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013