Had appendectomy, cleaned ruptured cyst. Is it normal to have vaginal discharge after it?

Hi I am 33 yrs old 5 2 and had an appendectomy 1 1/2 wk ago. I was wondering if it s normal to have vaginal discharge? I was on my 3rd day of my cycle when I had the surgery. Didn t bleed anymore after my surgery, only had discharge. When they opened me to do the appendectomy the surgeon noticed I had a ruptured cyst . The surgeon just cleaned the blood from the ruptured cyst and went ahead with the appendectomy. So is this normal?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013