Had ankle injured. Having swelling and lump. What can be done?

Monday I hit my left leg - about midway between ank;e and knee - with a car door, while closing the door. The injury gushed some blood and was swollen. It is considerably better now but a smaller lump remains. I had treated it to protect against infection and stop the bleeding. Expected it to be virtally healed by, today - Wednesday. But I now see there's more to it than I had thought. Applied ice the day of the injury and again yesterday (Tuesday). There is some discomfort (as opposed to actual pain) when the skin is stretched over the bruise/remaining lump, as when straightening the leg or when using stairs, this is due to the swelling/ relatively small remaining lump - about 1x1 inch and out about 1/2inch.

Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013