Had an outbreak of Herpes simplex. Not sexually active. How did I get this? On Acyclovir

Hi, I ve recently had my second outbreak of Herpes Simplex 1. I m very curious and would like to know how I got this virus If I m not sexually active and have never kissed anyone. Everywhere I look to find information on the transmission of this virus, sites always say that it s spread through kissing and or sex. Will I have this virus forever and how can I minimize the chances of having these outbreaks. Right now my doctor has given me Acyclovir to help.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012