Had an ear infection. Given antibiotics. No cure. Is hydrogen peroxide good?

I have had an ear infection for about a month now. I ve been to the clinic about it three times. The first time, I was given Garamycin drops but it didn t seem to work. The second time I went, I was given an oral antibiotic . I can t remember what it was called, but it didn t cure either, but by this time, the pain has been reduced. The third time, I went back to ask for a referal to see a ENT specialist , but the doctor refused, told me that my ear drum was ruptured and gave me a prescription for different drops. Are drops good for your ear once your ear drum is ruptured? Someone also once told me to pour hydrogen peroxide in the ear. Is that also a good remedy? Also, I m not sure why he won t give me a referal. Maybe he figures it s not severe enough and I don t need one.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012