Had an allergic reaction to a tick byte. Fever cleared. Swollen lymph nodes. Now?

Hello. I had an allergic reaction to a tick byte (blood work came back negative for all tick related illnesses) and my left groin lymph nodes swelled considerably and were very painful; I also had a fever. The doctor gave me antibiotics and my fever cleared and I started feeling better, but my lymph nodes remained swollen. I had also been physically active and thought maybe it was a hernia , but a surgeon said it was definitely swollen lymph nodes and they can be painful. It s been about 6 weeks now and the lymph nodes are decreasing in size, but they seem to be rupturing as I get a slight bit of pain and then a bruise shows up in that region. Do I have reason to be conserned or is this normal and eventually correct itself? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012