Had a persistent cough, yellow and green sputum, asthmatic, difficulty breathing. Meaning?

Hi, I ve had a persistent cough for about a month now. At first I had yellowish-greenish sputum with odor my dr gave me antibiotics for and it would get better for about a week or two, but then the dry cough would come back with the same yellowish sputum. I m asthmatic, but this feels different than asthma. The last week I’ve had difficulty breathing and the cough doesn’t let me sleep. My dr ordered chest x-ray which revealed “mild increased markings at the right base”. What does this mean? What else could I do?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013