Had a laparoscopic appendectomy. Tightness in the navel with a hard spot. History of ovarian cyst. Pain persisting. What to do?

I had an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy 5 weeks ago. A few weeks later I felt a tightness on the left side of my navel and also felt a small hard spot there. I assumed it was scar tissue. I had a prior laparoscopic surgery in 1993 for an ovarian cyst . The last week the pain has increased and is always present. Now it s around the entire navel. It s not excruciating pain as was the appendicitis , but it s very tender and similar to pain right after surgery. I have no fever or chills and no redness or leakage at incision site. The pain worsens if I m more active - bending, walking, urinating, or if anything presses against it. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013