Had a laminectomy done. MRI showed signal void consistent with metallic artifact. Meaning?

Hi. My name is Laura, I am 32, my question and concern is I had a laminectomy done at L-5 S-1 region all because of a car accident! The surgeon said he was gonna just shave the bone so it will free up the nerve that s causing the pain. 4mths later at my post op appt surgeon said a fusion prob the next step and wanted an mri to make sure their is no infection! Mri was done and said signal void consistent with metallic artifact projecting in the right region of the right facet neural foramina at L-5 S-1 level. My question is would IUD( Miriana). Show up on a mri of lumbar spine w/o contrast show up . Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013