Had a fall, hurt my spine and butt. Should I be worried or is this normal?

Hi, I had a fall on the ice around 5 months ago, I fell on the spine of an outdoor step and this has caused an indent on my left butt cheek. There was very dark bruising in the first week but this then cleared... I still have pain in my left hip and whole top area of the left leg including the butt cheek.. I have had 2 x-rays which have come back clear.. Although just about bareable, the pain Is worse now since I fell 5 months ago and I get a burning sensation in the thigh area... Should I be worried or is this normal.. My doctor didn't really check me but just suggested its muscle/tissue damage which will take time to heal due to the force of the fall. Hope you can help. Many Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013