Had a bad experience with a guy and continues to devastate me. Normal?

I'm 37 yrs old single never married no children. For the past 20yrs i have been dealing with numerous bad experiences w/men and dating. my first intimate exper. w/a guy at age 17 was horrible and continues to devastate me till today. don't know how to handle it. i go through months w/out dating and engaging in intimacy. lately when i think i'm excited and wanting to act on it i think of the past exper. and i'm instantly turned off. i have seen several therapists but did not find it helpful it just re-hashed the trauma
is it normal to feel this way after so long? lots of night i think about what i have exper. and just burst into tears.
Asked On : Sat, 18 May 2013