Had Subluxation of right shoulder. MRI shows Ligament tear, suggested for operation. Will taking rest cure this?b

Hi, I am Vijay, I am a Martial Artist,Recently in the minth of December I experienced subluxation of my right shoulder.I consulted an orthopedic surgeon who asked me to go for an MRI scan .The MRI scan says that I have a ligament tear(big) and that as a result of this there is some fluid that has got accumlated which runs till my biceps . Doctor asked me to go an Operation.However I took a second opinion,the doctor asked me not to go for an Operation but to take rest for aboput 2 months(i.e. no karate till 2 months) I do not experience any pain now as such and I am applying some Ayurvedic ointments with some tablets prescribed by them .KIndly share your views on this.Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013