Had D&E done, no heartbeat in ultrasound. What would cause this to happen?

HI my name is Christine I just had a D and e done last tuesday done i was 17 wks along went in for my second hearbeat check and they could nt find it did and ultrasound and found that baby was dead. I have been killing myself wondering if it was something i did. What would cause this to happen read online it could be stress related is this true/
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Sudden fetal death in second trimester can be due to a fetal malformation, uterine infections, chromosomal defects, hormonal deficiency or an unexplained cause. It is not likely to hapopen because of something done by you. Please do not worry.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal