Had ASD closure surgery. Pain and discomfort in the chest, difficulty breathing. Is this risky in future?

I was diagnosed with ASD (2.4 cm) at the age of 26 and went for ASD closure 1 month before. I am now 26 years old. I was an athlete and loved to do vigorous activities. But after the operation, I couldnt really do the activities like i used to do. Even if I could them, I ll be having some pain and discomforts at my chest . My doctor said that my heart was quite strong. But when I am stressed or tired, I felt like something is wrong with my heart. There was a time when I stayed up all night to finish my work and when I lie down to sleep, I have to make an effort to breath. Why do I experience such things? And is it risky in the future? Thank you very much.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013