Had ACL replacement on knee. Given nerve block in groin. Meralgia parasitical? What else diagnosis?

I had an ACL replacement back in Oct 2011 on my left knee. During that operation i was given a nerve block in the groan. about a month later i started to developed sever pain in the same area i received the block. I spoke to the anesthesiologist about the problem and he suggested it may have been swollen limp nodes. I did a CT scan (negative)i also did a sonogram (negative). I have also had nerve test conducted which were inconclusive. I am now being told that it may be meralgia parasitical by one doctor and that it isn t by another due to the fact that i have all feelings in my upper left thigh, i do however have some lost of feeling to the left side of my left foot. i have difficulties if i sit or stand on my left leg for long periods of time, this triggers pain that usually starts in the groan area (area of injection) then resonates to my lower left back and leg. once the pain starts i experience pain when i walk bearing my weight on my left leg. I am also suffering from a pinched sciatic nerve due to three bulging disc L2 L3 L4. . I have taken Lyrica without success, i am now taking gabapentin 300mg x3 a day with some results that last a few hours if i am not active. Do you have any suggestion as to what test are available to get a proper diagnoses and treatment. thank you
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012