HPT positive. Started bleeding and cramps. Tested positive through blood test and negative on HPT. What's going on?

I took a home pregnancy test on Saturday (1 day before period was due), it was positive. The following day I had bleeding and cramping. On Monday, I tested positive again and went to Doc who took blood test . On Wed I also tested positive but the Doc phoned and said I tested neg with hcg 1. The bleeding stopped on Mon and I am having spotting each time I need a bowel movement ( I have severe IBS ). I have a constant twinge on my lower right side. I ve been told to go back to gp if I have pain but it is only a constant twinge not pain per se. The gp wants to retest urine next Tues. I am very confused!
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012