Gum Disease

Is watching/cleaning by dentist is the only solution for Gum disease?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Mar 2010
Dentist, Endodontics 's  Response
Hi, the treatment of gum disease depends on the disease, its severity and the age of the patient. Please consult a dentist, a periodontist should be preffered. He will decide the course of treatment depending on your periodontal condition.Take care!
Dentist Dr. Jenkins sahayam P's  Response
mechanical cleaning ( Brushing, scaling)alone helps in the first place , any chemical cleans (mouth washes , local drug applications ) are secondary
  Anonymous's Response

Hello, I'm no dentist but I'm a nurse. I know that gum disease does not only develop from cleaning by a dentist not even by watching. There are a lot of reasons for that to happen and I suggest you look up<a href="">Periodontal Disease</a> . As you go on to see your dentist don't be afraid to ask him on any of your concerns. He can very well help you and  for sure a<a href="">Dental Cleaning, Prevention & Exam</a> isn't the cause of it all because it helps keep your teeth healthy