Got periods after a long with medicines, noticed spotting with blood and mucus post periods, later slight cramping on right side. Cause?

I previously went four months without a period. my doctor finally put me on ten days of medication to start my period. I started two days after I stopped taking the meds. I am also trying to conceive. My period lasted ten days, regularly I am a three day period person. Eight days after my period I noticed blood , spotting in my mucus when I wiped. The next morning it happened again. All was fine during the day and again spotting that night. This morning I am experiencing what feels like slight cramping and some discomfort on the right side more then my left. My appendix has been removed so I know it is not that. This has never happened before, I am concerned.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
This might be for the reason of using medicines(hormonal imbalance) or infection of the vagina or cervix.
You can do a vaginal smear and PAP SMEAR to exclude their problems.

Take care of your self