Got brown blood in period. What does it mean?

I m a virgin and I ve just used a tampon for the first time today. It took a couple of tries getting it in, but i eventually got it in with no pain. I took it out after about 5 hours and it hurt pulling it out. When I got it far down enough, I had to spread my vaginal opening a little and it popped out. Then I noticed that my tampon had brown blood mixed in with regular blood. I was using a regular absorbancy tampon. Why did it hurt taking it out and why was some of my blood brown?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012
Hello mam, ever since you were a virgin the tampon might have injured your hymen which is normal and will heal by itself. There is nothing to worry about it. Take care.