Going for thorough checkup to gastroenterologist. Will perform pelvic and rectal examination. Wearing gown necessary?

Im going to gastroenterologist for thorough check, refered by my family doctor. From forms they asked me to rollout I see that they will perform a pelvic exam and a rectal exam. Would it be inappropriate to ask the Dr. if I can not wear the gown (be nude)? I m lean muscular, not embarrassed, and those gowns are always gigantic. I just think the whole exam would be easier for me if I didn t have to worry with the gown.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012