Glass piece stuck in hand, intense pain in palm. Surgery done for removal. Treatment?

Hello Dr. Gud evening...are u there...? One of my friend got an accident 5 years back and a piece of glass just got inside of her hand . That time she got a surgery to remove that piece of glass..but problem is that even after removing that glass piece she is having intense pain in her hand (Palm). Till now she has seen so many doctors but not getting a relief....So i request you to please suggest me that what should she do in this condition...? Your suggestions are welcomed..
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012