Girl child not yet menstruated. Severe tiredness afternoon on wards. Recommendations?

My boyfriend s daughter is 12 years old and has not started her period as of yet and the only reason I am saying that upfront is I know that could be part of the unlining part of the problem. anyway she functions fairly well during the day, the teacher has said she seems abnormally tired some days, but by the afternoon she is barely functioning and when she gets like this her speech is slurred and she will fall asleep in grocery stores, sitting anywhere anytime she goes to sleep i have never seen a child like this before, their family physician just looked at her said it was her age and that was it no blood work or anything. probably nothing to worry about but thought I would ask.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013