Getting sinus after a hip prosthesis fracture. Had hip replacement. Suggestion?

Hi My brother fractured the tip-end of his hip prosthesis and the fracture was stabilized with pins and a plate. 2 years following the reduction he has developed two sinus tracts that his orthopedic surgeon has adviced him to use sterile dressings. He has been doing so for the last 8 months and I am concerned that fluid is not decreasing and that he may develop an infect. This was his 2nd hip replacement . Any suggestion?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012