Getting periods and experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Can you possibly be pregnant and have a period. My period came on last month for 3 days which is unusual because I normally have it 7 days. Then this month it just came on looking like a normal period so far. I have been experiencing all the pregnancy symptoms and there is a chance that I can be pregnant being that we did things while i was in ovulations. I am confused can you help me clarify. Also can I take a test while my period is on.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion do your urine pregnancy test which if negative get a pelvic ultrasonography because it can be an early pregnancy or worse ectopic tubal pregnancy and then visit a gynecologist with reports.
And from next cycle onwards start using a regular method of contraception.
In case you have further questions you can consult me on health care magic forum and i will be happy to help
My URL is
Take care and wish you all the best.
Dr Manisha Jain