Getting dots of blood in my sputum. Recovered from chest infection. Comes out only after eating. No other symptoms. Why the blood is coming out and from where?

Hi. I have been getting dots of blood in my sputum , which comes out clear. the dots of blood appear bright red sometimes and dark brown at others and also pinky red aswell. Its been just over a week that I have recovered from a chest infection and now these dots of blood are appearing in clear phlegm . its really wierd but it happens after ive eaten. throughout the times when i dont eat, just clear phlegm will come out. i havent got any other symptoms like chest pain , difficulty breathing etc etc. i dont smoke . where could this blood be coming from? the lungs or the throat?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012