Frequent sudden sharp pains in chest. Does it require medical attention?

Hi there. I m 13, turning 14 in October. And recently I ve been having pains in my chest . They are sudden sharp pains, and they feel like a bone poking into my lungs and if I moved, the pain would worsen. I try not to breathe so hard and freeze there for a while until the pain went away. The pains usually last for half a minute, not too long. As long as I don t move, the pain will lessen, then slowly go away. I used to have pains like that when I was smaller too, but that was only when my sister tickled me and I laughed too hard. But recently these pains have become more and more frequent. Does this trigger any alarms?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Dear friend, thank you for choosing HCM.

at your age , it is unusual.
your description is not leading to any diagnosis. hence need a better description . or better still get medical attention as I wish not to miss any unusual presentations of disease.
pl. see your paediatritian to look for any cardia, respiratory. musculo-skeletal cause for the pains.
sometimes we get surprising diagnoses.

I would advise a medical consultation.I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.
Good Luck !
May I request you to rate your experience here before you close.
Thank you.