Frequent muscle spasms in back, neck with soreness. Is there an underlying cause?

Hi, I am 21 years old and I am frequently getting muscle spasms, mostly in my back and neck , or general tightness and soreness. I am a nurse, but a new grad, and thus far I haven t done a lot of heavy lifting or risked the integrity of my body mechanics. I get regular massages and I am athletic, and I just feel like my aches and pains slow me down more than they should for a regular 21-year-old. Could there be an underlying cause for my muscular issues, or is there something different that I could be doing to prevent my constant tightness and aches?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would recommend you to get your thyroid profile, blood sugar and serum Calcium, vit D3 and serum B 12 level and see if then any deficiency is present. If nothing is abnormal, i would suggest you to get carnisure tablet one daily.I would also suggest you to take methylcobal tablet daily. If you are feeling restlessness then i would suggest you take one tablet amytryptalin daily.