Fracture in left ankle joint, unable to walk, swelling, severe pain. Treatment?

Hello i m a medical student of 25 years old. I have recently got a fracture in my left ankle joint for which i consulted a orthopaedic surgeon who gave me POP for 3 weeks. My pop was removed on 31st october 2012 but up to today i am unable to walk due to swelling and severe pain in my ankle. My ankle pains only when i walk and is painless at rest. Currently as far as treatment is concerned i am using NSAIDs for the last 3 weeks, wear ankle brace, do ice bath as part of the RICE strategy recommendations for relief of ankle pain and swelling. sir i m in great trouble and being unable to walk i can not do my hospital duty so please sir guide me so that my ankle pain and swelling gets healed completely as soon as possible.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012