Foreskin of uncircumcised senior men should always cover the glans when the penis is not erect. If not, emergency circumcision required. Is it a common problem?

I was told that the foreskin of uncircumcised senior men should always cover the glans when the penis is not erect. The reason given is that as one ages the skin can create a tight band at the base of the glans cutting off circulation which could lead to an emergency circumcision . It seems to me that if the foreskin is that non-elastic in the elderly that surgery would be necessary no matter how one wears their foreskin. Is non-elastic foreskin a common problem for elderly men?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012