Forearm injured below elbow. Had stitches. Infected, took antibiotics. Bum is formed. How to cure?

Yes, please. My son sliced his forearm open right below his elbow and required 13 internal stitches and 11 external. It then got infected and he was out on antibiotics. Now there is a bum forming at the center of the stich line that seems to be due to fluid but nothing is seeping out. Is this part of the healing process?

Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
It seems that there might be having some blood collection or some infection on the part.
Continue with antibiotics.
Go for proper dressing done by your doctor with proper cleaning and draining of exudate or blood.
Ok and take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Lohit K's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Bum forming at the center of stitch may be a part of healing process or due to infection. If there is any signs of inflammation like redness, fever, raised temperature locally it suggests inflammation. Or else normal healing process. Consult your doctor for examination and management.
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit