Foot twisting, fall causing swelling, difficulty in walking. Remedy?

I TWISTED MY FOOT AND FELL WHEN I LANDED WRONG. IT WAS A LITTLE SWOLLEN LAST NIGHT. I ICED FOR AT THE MOST 30 MINS BEFORE AND AFTER I WENT TO BED. BUT WHEN I WOKE UP FOOT WAS SWOLLEN A LITTLE MORE. WHEN I TRIED TO WALK TO GO TO THE BATHROOM I HAD A HARD TIME DOING THAT BECAUSE IT HURT TO KINDA WALK ON IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
The first and most important thing is give rest to the foot! Take analgesics because these would help in decreasing the pain and inflammation associated with the trauma. If you keep the foot in a dependable position for an extended period of time the swelling would increase, therefore keep your foot elevated over a pillow whenever you are lying down. This is entirely a temporary condition and would resolve in a few days' time with these conservative measures.