Fall causing ankle twisting, bruising, swelling, limping on walking for long time, increasing swelling. Cause?

i fell and twisted my ankle a few time on a night out and now its bruised, cut and swollen. after resting my foot when i go to stand up there is a serious pain for the first couple of minutes. its ok to walk then for awhile but i do limp but the more i walk when at work the worse it gets by then end of my shift im in alot of pain and the pain last. i rested it slightly for two days and the swelling started to go down but after another day at work the pain is worse and more swollen. this is all on the top of my left foot going down d side. have i done more damage then i thought??
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Hello .. Ankle injury with a cut on the foot is a cause of concern. Pain on walking with a swelling points to an infection of the wound and / or a injury to the muscles.
Suggest the following plan
a) antiseptic dressings for the wound
b) Plan an X-Ray to rule out a bony injury
c) Cold compress
d) A anti-inflammatory agent like Tab Diclofenac 50 mgm every 8 hrs to be taken after food, if you dont have a gastric ulcer/ acidity problem. Along with this tab take Tab Omeprazole 20 mgm One tab at Night,
e) A review by the surgeon should be done as soon as possible.

Thank you