Follicle monitoring done. Advised hucog injection. Implication of Inj?

Good Morning Doctor , yesterday on 28th June , my follicle monitoring has been done ...Day 16th Right Ovary 20*21 , Left Ovary NO DF , Endometrium 7.7 mm , Type II...My doctor said go for monitoring today also and if egg doesnt rupture take Hucog 0000 injection . Want to know is my follicle studies going in right direction n should i take the injection. What are the implication of taking injection. Thks
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
A follicle of 20mm size is of good size and should rupture spontaneously to release an ovum. In case it does not rupture by the next scan then injection HCG will be needed for artificial rupture.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal