Fluttering under right breast, short episode. Had mild fluttering in right side of chest. Treatment?

I felt fluttering under my right breast about 15 minutes ago. It was rapid and lasted for about 45 seconds. There was no pain, but it felt uncomfortable because I never experienced this rapid fluttering before. I have experienced mild fluttering/muscle movement at my right chest before, maybe two or three times per year, in recent years, but not like this today. I am a 72 year old male.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

You have mentioned the fluttering under your breasts and also posted your query under woman health, so I am assuming you made a typo when you wrote 'male'.

Fluterring is perfectly normal at times, it can take place due to various metabolic changez, electrolyte changes, fluid insufficiency and various other causes.

As long as you did not experience any other symptoms, do not worry about it. Make sure you intake enough fluids and have a well balanced diet. Nothing else should be a concern.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.