Fluid filled pimple on buttocks. Why is it geting bigger? Why hurts after popping?

I have a bump or pimple on my butt it was filled with blood & I m assuming puss (though it was clear) I noticed it mixed in with the blood. It wasn t very painful from 1-10 I d say 4 i waited 2 weeks for it to go away on its own an it got bigger then i saw a smaller one next to it i tried to squeeze it nothing came out so I popped it w a needle that I sanitized. It hurts a lot now could it be from me jabbing the needle in there? And what was it?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012