Flu like symptoms, painful swallowing, ear pressure causing ringing. How can I relieve it?

I am 38 I began getting flulike symtoms on Monday it is now Friday and my symptoms have become focused on my tonsils which are swollen and swallowing is extremely painful. Just today the pressure has moved into my ear I am getting ringing in my left ear with significant pressure and increasing pain. I don t have fever and am not coughing up anything. No underlying medical issues. What can I do to relieve the ear pain and pressure or make the swelling in the tonsils go down?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013