Flat nails, diagnosed with platonychia due to low iron, taking medicines for reflux. Would low iron be due to reflux?

I just came from a Doctors visit yesterday and a few of my nails are flat - about 4 total - with the rest of them being normal. He - the Doctor said that it appears to be what they call Platynychia which is commonly known for having low Iron. Moreover, I am being treated for reflux problem for over 2 years and the Heomtolgist I visited yesterday said that the low Iron was probably being caused from my reflux issue. Trying to obtain second opinion on this matter. Thanks for any confirmation on this matter.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012