Fits, meningitis, headache, stiff neck, brain swelling. On a ventilator, medically induced coma. Prognosis?

My brother in law was fitting for 5hrs before he was found and has been diagnosed with meningitis he is in a medically induced coma and on a ventilator this happened friday allthough the day before he said he had a severe headache and stiff neck the hospital arent saying very much at this time but have said they will be lowering his medicatin to try and bring him out of this coma and then to see if he can breath on his own. also his brain is still quite swallon and has only gone down a small amount obviously we dont want false hope what could the prognosis be for him? The hospital have allowed us to stay as if tjey are expecting him to die and have said if he doesnt breathe on his own they will onlybreathe on his own they wil only recess for 5minutes
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012