Fibroid on the left lateral side, got examined because of bleeding. Is there any relation between them?

I was diagnosed with having a fibrod that measures 2.5 cm x 3 cm on the left lateral side. I had an examination on Sunday because I was bleeding and had slight abdominal cramping. 2 days after the hospital doctor examed me I followed up with my gyn who examined me again on Tuesday. I have been bleeding lightly ever since. My question is could I be bleeding because the fibrod was irritated by the examination?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013