Fever, tiredness, headaches, body pain, loss of appetite, nausea. On z-pack, no relief. Treatment?

My 53 year old husband has been sick for almost two weeks. symptoms are constant low grade fever up to 102 but mostly around 99.7, weak and tired all the time, headaches , strong body aches especially his back, no appetite at all, some nausea , chemical taste and smell so strong he really does not want to be near normal food. Even his clean clothes smell horrible to him. He was on the z-pack but did nothing. Seen doctor 3 times and still doing blood tests to rule out things. They just don t know what it is other than a bad virus. My husband is in great shape and health normally. Please help with diagnosising this is greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012